It’s hard to believe that our world entered a lock down period due to the rise of COVID-19 in March. Now like many of you, I’ve been going to bed too late, I’ve lived in sweats and I’ve been spoiled enough to work in the comfort of my own home. I live in Toronto, Canada and we’re slowly but surely opening up businesses across Ontario, so this means I’ll be headed back to work very soon. As I try to find my grove once again, I’ve created a list of tips to help you too have an easier transition to go from WFH to the new normal!
Transitioning To The New Normal Tips
- Set a light routine days or weeks prior to heading back to work
- Be strict with your routine you create so your first week back isn’t a total shock
- Create a list of things you know you have to accomplish when you go back to work. But don’t stress over this. This is a time to see where you will need support from your leadership team
- Have a conversation with your leadership on their expectations, post self isolation
- Set self care time for yourself in this transitional period to avoid burning out
- Create a work group chat with some colleagues to go back and forth on ideas, this helps one another feel supported!